- Please note we will be following measures to limit Covid transmission to help everyone who attends feel safe – these measures are based on Hall requirements as well as guidance from the National Federation of WIs.
- 🥶Thus there is plenty of ventilation and the Hall may be chilly in the winter months. Please wear clothing suitable for icy conditions (we may even run a competition on who has the most layers) 🥶
- The doors will open at 7.30pm with a start at 7.45pm – please do not arrive earlier as we need time to clean and air the hall between bookings.
- Parking is available at St David’s and St Christopher’s Nursing Home, Priory Rd, Ascot SL5 8RS, a short walk away. Please park just inside the main gate in the car park. There is limited car parking at St Martin’s Hall so if you can use the alternative car park that would help with those who need to park close by
- William French – the Royal Butler
William will be regaling us with stories about the Royal Family & other stars he has worked for
- PLACEMAT – Design and create a placemat to celebrate the Jubilee in any medium (eg sewn, knitted, decoupage, etc)
- FLOWER OF THE MONTH – bring a single flower from your garden in a vase, voting by silver pennies (to be collected & donated to charity at the end of the year)
- Berkshire Birds of Prey
Meet live birds of prey up close and personal. Learn about their habits and habitats,
- No meeting but may be a Summer Party
- Helen Francis from Smart Works Reading
Helen will be telling us about the work of the charity Smart Works. The Reading branch opened in October 2015 with a vision of bringing the dressing and interview coaching service to women within the Thames Valley.
Smart Works is a volunteer led organisation with a team of over 75 highly skilled, fully trained, professional volunteers, who provide high-quality workwear, interview training and employment advice to women who need it – all free of charge.
‘Working with the ghosts of Hampton Court Palace’ from Sarah Slater.
Sarah has worked at Hampton Court Palace as a State Apartment Warder, Tour Guide and Guide Lecturer for 12 years. She will give a glimpse of what it is like to wander the galleries late at night on her own in the dark, and will lead us on an exploration of the history, stories and sightings of some of the ghosts that have been reported over the last few hundred years
- Craft Night
- 🎄🎉The Christmas Party🎄🎉
- Back by popular demand Iain Bailey, the Berkshire Magician to entertain us, so it promises to be a special evening!🃏
- We also will have a Raffle & a Christmas quiz